Indian Head Massage
One-Day Indian Head Massage Diploma
Indian Head Massage is based on traditional Indian massage techniques. It involves work on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face using a variety of massage movements to relieve accumulated tension, stimulate circulation and restore joint mobility. Head massage revitalises the whole body, rebalancing the energy flow to the body and creating a feeling of peace and well being.
An excellent stress buster, both relaxing and uplifting, it is good for clearing the head and easing tense shoulders. Great for office workers, Indian Head Massage can be done without oil through light clothing, so is perfect for corporate work. The routine you will learn is based on the Mehta method of Indian head massage, developed by Narendra Mehta who brought the formalised treatment to the West.
- History and principles of Indian head massage
- Your working environment
- Code of practice and insurance for therapists
- Consultation process including contra-indications
- Contra-actions and aftercare advice
- Oils for massage
- The Indian head massage routine
- Anatomy & physiology for Indian head massage
£130 (Please pay a deposit of £35 to book your course; the balance of £95 is payable to your tutor)