Hot Stone Therapy
One-Day Hot Stone Therapy Diploma
An American massage therapist, Mary Nelson, was the founder of the original hot stone therapy which she called ‘LaStone’. She wanted a system that would enable her to continue her therapy practice while easing her stiff and painful wrist joints. Using the stones to massage achieved this goal, while also enhancing the massage treatment.
However, use of the stones is much more than a tool for the therapist; the warmth of the stones is truly comforting and they connect us with Mother Earth, grounding our vibrations.
- The history and benefits of hot stone therapy
- Your working environment
- Consultation process including contra-indications
- Contra-actions and aftercare advice
- The use of hot stones in other therapies
- The stone movements
- The Hot Stone Therapy routine
A previous qualification in body massage (e.g. Swedish Massage, Holistic Massage or Aromatherapy)
£130 (Please pay a deposit of £35 to book your course; the balance of £95 is payable to your tutor)