Aromatherapy Body Massage
Four-Day Aromatherapy Diploma
Aromatherapy is a wonderful, nourishing experience. Aromatherapy is also a powerful therapeutic treatment which combines the essential oils of plants with massage. Aromatherapy relaxes and lifts mind, body and spirit.
Aromatherapy can help with a range of conditions e.g. PMS, skin problems, depression, respiratory ailments, insomnia or anxiety. Aromatherapy is used to treat sprains and strains, headaches, digestive problems and sinusitis. Regular aromatherapy treatments will boost the immune system, raise energy levels and instill a feeling of well being.
Our course teaches knowledge of 30 essential oils and how to blend them for safe use in massage. The treatment is essentially a cleansing, lymph drainage massage. Combined with the use of essential oils this makes for a highly effective and powerful treatment on many levels.
This four day course comprises:
- Two days to learn theory, the routine and practice technique
- One day to review theory and technique + time for practice
- 20 hours of case studies i.e. treat 4 people 5 times, or 5 people 4 times
- Half a day for assessment (students have 6 months from initial training date to complete case studies and assessment)
- History and benefits of aromatherapy
- Your working environment, health & safety, COSHH regulations
- Code of practice & insurance for therapists
- Consultation procedure including contra-indications
- Contra-actions and aftercare advice
- Carrier oils
- Knowledge and safe use of 30 essential oils
- Blending of essential oils
- Use of essential oils in pregnancy
- The aromatherapy treatment
- Other therapeutic methods of using essential oils
- Anatomy & physiology specific to aromatherapy
Students have 6 months from initial training date to complete 20 case studies and assessment otherwise you must repeat days 1&2 at further cost.
A Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology (or equivalent eg prior therapy training at Level 3, nursing or physio training). Amethyst offer a home study email course in A&P which can be studied at the same time as your Aromatherapy Diploma. You will need to have covered at least the first 4 units before you do the practical course. Your massage certificate is not issued until the A&P is completed.
£450 (Please pay a deposit of £110 to book your course; the balance of £340 is payable to your tutor)